These demerara parsnips are a fantastic addition to your Sunday roast – and so quick and easy to make.
As many parsnips as you can stomach, cored, peeled and cut into wedges
Sea salt salt
1/4 cup firmly packed dark-brown sugar
Knobs of unsalted butter to dart on top of your parsnips
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F, 180 degrees C, Gas Mark 4.
2. Peel, top and tail your parsnips and then cut them into chunky chips.
3. Meanwhile bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add a pinch of sea salt. You need to boil your parsnips for around six to seven minutes until they’re tender.
4. Grease a roasting tin with butter and add the parsnips to the tin.
5. Dart knobs of butter onto the parsnips and sprinkle the demerara sugar evenly over the top.
6. Sprinkle with salt and bake for around 20 minutes until they’re golden brown.