A variation on my orange and rhubarb crumble seen here!
3 table spoons of crystallised ginger in syrup
75g of caster sugar
500g chopped rhubarb
75g unsalted butter
100g sifted plain flour
75g demerara sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190F, gas mark5.
2. Mix the rhubarb, sugar and the crystallised ginger in an ovenproof dish, let this mature in the dish and eventually you’ll encounter a lovely sweet aroma.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the sifted flour, demerara sugar and butter with your fingers until the mixture goes crumbly and resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Layer the crumble mix on top of the rhubarb mix and push down with a fork.
5. Bake the crumble for approx 40 – 45 minutes until golden brown.
6. Serve with ice cream and custard.